Toys ‘R’ Us plans 87-hour event for last shopping weekend before Christmas
By Jennifer Osieczanek
Procrastinating parents fear not!
While Christmas is just eight days away, there is still time to find the toys your little ones are dreaming of while tucked in their warm, cozy beds. In fact, this weekend you can go buy those gifts at Toys ‘R’ Us while those little ones are sleeping.
Toys ‘R’ Us announced plans Tuesday to remain open for 87 consecutive hours, starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 21 until 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
“With only eight shopping days remaining until Christmas, we are offering customers extended, uninterrupted time in stores, providing them the opportunity to shop whenever is most convenient for them – whether early in the morning or late at night,” Troy Rice, Toys ‘R’ Us Executive Vice President of Stores and Services, said.
There also will be special deals during the last-minute holiday push.
Two-day deals starting Friday, Dec. 20 include:
- Buy one, get one free on all Power Rangers action figures and play sets
- Buy one, get one free on all Chuggington Engines
- Buy one, get one 50 percent off on all FAO Schwarz toys
- 30 percent off all Angry Birds Go! Games
- The Furby Boom will be on sale for $40 (a $19 savings)
Sunday, Dec. 22 kicks off another set of deals that will run through Christmas Eve:
- Buy one, get one 40 percent off on all Disney Pixar Cars and Planes die cast vehicles and play sets
- Up to 40 percent off all Avigo bikes, plus free bike assembly with any bike purchase (excludes clearance)
- 20 percent off all LEGO Chima, Friends, Star Wars, Super Heroes and Technic construction sets
- The Sofia the First Enchanted Vanity will be $59.99 (a $20 savings)
- 25 percent off all Edu Science telescopes and microscopes
Shoppers that prefer the ease of online shopping do have options at ToysRUs.com for getting gifts under the tree in time on Christmas morning. With express shipping, orders placed by noon ET on Monday, Dec. 23 are guaranteed to arrive by Christmas Eve. Another option is to buy online and pick up in store, allowing shoppers to purchase items online through 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and then collect them at a brick-and-mortar location within an hour.
Read more about Toys ‘R’ Us here.
Other articles you might like: