The hottest new way to travel for cheap: Travel By Star
By Aimee Heckel
How would you like to spend less than $100 to stay two nights almost anywhere in the country?
That question’s rhetorical, because that deal is stupid-good.
It’s courtesy of the hottest new way to travel for cheap, Travel By Star. This website makes it easy to score the cheapest deals on lodging.
Here’s how it works: When hotels don’t sell rooms, they can either leave those rooms empty — or they can sell them for discounted prices. That’s where Travel By Star inches in. Travel by Star buys up the unsold rooms and sells them on Daily Deal websites around the country.
The catch: Hotels cannot advertise these super low rates, according to Travel By Star, which is why the website hides their names until after you buy your voucher.
The website likens it to “Let’s Make A Deal,” where you are certain to win.
How can you make sure you get a good hotel then? You can select the star-rating of your hotel, so reduce the risks by picking a four-star hotel.
Want to score a great deal on hotels — without the risk?
Try Priceline.com, and pair it with coupons and 9 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com.
Some of the deals on Priceline.com right now include:
- Save up to 25 percent off thousands of hotels, with the New Year Hotel Sale.
- Save up to 60 percent off last-minute deals.
- Save up to 60 percent off hotels with “name your own price” deals.
- Save up to 45 percent on hotels with Priceline’s Express deals — no bidding required.
- Save even more money on your airfare and rental cars with these travel coupons.
We also love Priceline’s Hotel Freebies offers. This is a list of hotels with various freebies, from free breakfast, parking, Internet, extras, resort credit, golf credit, free nights, room upgrades and more.
For example, find 129 hotel deals offering free nights, such as the Four Seasons St. Louis. Get your third night’s stay for free, with nightly rates starting around $163.
Other articles you might also enjoy:
- 2 Valentine’s Day beach vacations on a budget
- Visit the world’s best amusement parks
- The 2 most romantic spa treatments around the world