Wanderlust want list: 5 must-haves for outdoor yoga
Yogis this summer are wanderlusting all over North America — rolling out their mats in Squaw Valley, Calif., Whistler, British Colombia and Copper Mountain Resort in Colorado. (They’ll stake out in Austin, Texas come November when it cools down in the Lone Star State).
The Wanderlust Festival brings together top yoga teachers, DJs, chefs and well-known speakers for an outdoors festival. Festival-goers are encouraged to find their True North. But, whoa! That’s a lot of fun to pack and prep for.
Whether you’re traveling to one of the festivals or will be taking some outdoor yoga classes in your own ohm sweet ohm-town this summer, here’s a few things you should consider treating yourself to.
- “Festival bag” from Lululemon. ($68) Don’t you hate it when you’re trying to dance to your favorite band and your purse keeps getting in the way of your sweet moves? Us too. The festival bag — which comes in summery hues of orange or yellow — can be transformed so you can wear it around your waist. It’s like the cool, distant cousin of a fanny pack. It’s also got plenty of compartments — including an outside one where you can stash your cell phone for easy access. The inside flap has a fun one-liner that’s like an inside joke for you yogis: “Dance your arsana off.”
- Burt’s Bees Towelettes from Target. ($6) These towelettes will remove dirt, sweat and make-up, thus successfully scaring away any potential pimples from getting in the way of your healthy glow.
- Burn It Out Tank from Lululemon. ($48) A soft, breathable tank top with an open back will help keep you cool while you’re finding your center. The “burnout” fabric is lightweight and effortless and can be easily layered over a sports bra. This tank is pre-shrunk, taking the guesswork out of laundering.
- Bug band insect repellent from Drugstore.com. ($4) Sure, you can spray on some regular ole’ bug spray. But, embrace the festival-ness of the outdoors and go with a glow-in-the-dark band that will scare the lil’ buggers away. Because really, it’s tough to relax when you want to claw away at your mosquito bites.
- A summer-y pair of yoga pants from prAna. ($85) The Malibu pant from prAna is a quintessential pair of summer yoga pants. The tunic-style pant is lightweight with bohemian macrame inserts that add interest.
Traveling to a Wanderlust Festival? Check out travel coupons from ShopAtHome.com to help save you money on your trip.
Other articles you might also like:
• How to make every day ‘Bike to Work’ Day
• Inspired by the Tour de France? A new bike will take you around the world
• Paddleboard yoga to flying above water: 5 activities to check out in Orlando
• Cut the fat! 6 ways to make healthier burgers