Wanderlust packing list: 5 yogi must-haves for the yoga festival season
By Brittany Anas
If you’re anything like us, you find your inner peace and zen in the outdoors — in a sun-soaked park, while stretched out in the sand or in a three-legged dog pose in the shadow of the foothills. Sure, we make do with the yoga studio during the winter months. But with the warmer temps, we’re eager to unfurl our mats and feel ohm-sweet-ohm in Mother Nature’s presence.
Just like there is a music festival season, there, too, is a yoga festival season, and it is finally upon us, fellow yogis, with the season opener of Wanderlust happening this weekend in Chicago. Another more laid-back, a bit more spontaneous festival is Yoga Rocks the Parks (yoga + music + your neighborhood parks) that happens throughout the summer. Learn more about the outdoor gatherings here, as they are now in 20 cities throughout the country.
With the upcoming yoga festival season, we’re sharing some of our favorite new yoga essentials, including some great deals from Gaiam — where you’ll earn 6 percent back on your purchases. The first Wanderlust Festival of 2014 is happening in San Francisco, beginning May 15. Other Wanderlust in the City events will be happening in Chicago and Philadelphia. Other retreats will be held throughout the summer in places like Squaw Valley, Calif.; Aspen, Colo.; Bondville, Vermont; and Whistler, British Columbia.
- Find your perfect mat. Gaiam is turning “Um” into “Ohm” with its new mat finder. Watch the video here to help you find your best mat ever.
- This Power Yoga Kit is made for traveling with lightweight essentials like the Sol Thin-Grip Yoga Mat that folds into a packable square. The Thirsty Yoga Towel absorbs moisture for better grip. The Devotion Sling makes it easy to carry your mat and towel. You’ll also increase flexibility and tackle difficult poses with the Cork Yoga Brick. A yoga mat wash will keep your yoga mat and essentials clean and odor-free.
- Keep your hair secured from falling into your face with this Banyan & Bo Ultra-Grip Headband from Gaiam.
- Prima Capri pants have a laid-back fit perfect for summer. Added bonus: You’ll get UPF 50 protection in the fabric for some extra protection from the summer rays. Ruching at the calves gives these capris a flattering fit. (Earn Cash Back and Save at Athleta with ShopAtHome.com).
- Men’s anytime pants are a part of the guys line at Gaiam. They’re soft, they’re lightweight and they are versatile enough that he can also wear them for cardio workouts or lounging.
Read more articles about Gaiam here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Suit yourself: Bathing suits you can work out in (and look good in, too!)
- Summer slimdown: 5 tips to help you lose 5 pounds by Memorial Day
- How to avoid overeating while you’re on vacation (without feeling deprived)