What to wear to look 10 pounds thinner
Want to camouflage that extra baggage you’ve been carrying around? Or, perhaps you’re dressing for a photo and you want to counter-balance the weight a snapshot inevitably adds. For instant results, practice perfect posture and reduce the sodium in your diet.
We’ve also got some universally flattering trips that will work for you no matter your size or body type.
• Wear a scarf: They add interest to any outfit and it’s an easy way to pop color or patterns in your outfit. To look leaner, toss a scarf around your neck and instead of looping it around your neck, let it hang even on both sides. The parallel structure will elongate your torso and slim you.
• Be mindful of cuts and patterns: Thick, bold horizontal stripes are in right now, but they don’t do much for your figure. If you can’t cut stripes from your fashion diet, opt for vertical ones or pinstripes.
If you’re wearing a loose blouse, wear a more fitted skirt or skinny jeans. If you’re wearing a full skirt or loose-fitting jeans, wear a more form-fitting shirt or blouse.
A-line skirts are flattering because they cinch at the waist and flow outward, giving you a feminine silhouette. (A high-waisted A-line skirt in lime green looks chic with black and white and is on sale at ASOS for $31.57).
• Wear heels: An extra few inches will make you look taller and thinner. If you’re plus-size look for thicker, chunky heels.
• Dark colors (+ pops of color and accessories): Wearing monochrome outfits in dark colors will do wonders for your figure. Avoid wearing all black all the time. Wear navy, burgundy, chocolate brown and dark grays for variety. Break up the outfits with patterned and colorful accessories and jackets.
• Buy a new bra: A new bra can be, ahem, very uplifting. When your shape wear loses it’s elasticity, it stops working to flatter your figure. Get a fitting so that you buy the right size. If it’s too tight, the bra will give you unflattering back fat. Also, replace your bras every six months or so and never put them in the dryer. (Save with coupons and cash-back offers at Victoria’s Secret).
• Wear the right size: Donate your clothes that are too baggy or too tight. The wrong fit will either make you look frumpy or like a 10-pound sausage in a 5-pound wrap.
Other articles you might also like:
• How to eat like the French
• Cops and robbers on bikes and other ways to exercise with your kids
• The best free food journals and how they can accelerate your weight loss
• Lifeguarding to pro football offers: Who were America’s fittest presidents?
• Face-time: Simple ways to get a more youthful look
• Five yummy ‘superfoods’ you should be eating if you want to lose weight