What to buy (and not buy) in June
All shopping months are not created equally. And just like the song says, “There is a season” for everything.
If you’re looking to score the best deals, here’s what to buy — and what not to buy in June.
What to buy:
Swimsuits may not be on sale this month, but lingerie often is. It’s time for Victoria’s Secret’s Semi-Annual Sale, where you can get as much as 70 percent off some items.
Lingerie stores we love:
2. Exercise equipment:
To go along with your lingerie, you can score great deals on exercise equipment and gym memberships in June, as many people are heading outside and fewer are headed to the gym (because of the weather and because of forgotten resolutions).
Winter sports gear is also often on sale. Because who’s going snowshoeing in June?
Winter sports gear we love:
Men’s Winter Walker Snowshoes, on sale for $94.99, LLBean.com
Although some traditional Father’s Day gifts are pricier in June, for some reason, tools tend to go on sale for the occasion. Dry vacs are also on sale this time of year.
What not to buy:
1. Grills: June is a terrible month to buy grills, with Father’s Day combined with the surge in outdoor cooking.
2. Steak and meat. Right along with grills, now is not the best time of year to score great deals on your grilling meat.
3. Patio furniture. You won’t find cheap furniture to eat your grilled steak on either.
4. Shirts and ties. This traditional Father’s Day gift is typically price-hiked in the first half of the month.
5. TVs: This is an odd one. TVs are rarely on sale in June — even though their use is way down, with more people being outside and football not yet starting. One of the best times to get a deal on a new TV continues to be Black Friday.