New workout clothes that you’ll want to wear outside of the gym, too!
By Brittany Anas
Our yoga pants have also become our “grocery store” pants, “brunch pants,” “work from home” pants … basically our favorite pants. Recognizing that the comfy nature of workout clothes — that accompany us not just to the gym, but throughout our daily routines — retailers are designing workout gear that is more versatile. For you organized types, there soon won’t be any division between a “gym clothes” drawer and regular clothing dresser drawers. (Lululemon recently launched a new line of casual clothes that can be worn outside of the gym and includes sun dresses and tanks).
Athleta’s new spring line is incorporating pretty, bright colors as well as pastels. A common thread? You’ll want to wear much of their line outside of the yoga studio, crossfit gym — or wherever your exercise regime takes you.
Here’s a few of our favorite pieces from Athleta, where you’ll earn 3 percent Cash Back from ShopAtHome.com as well as other great deals.
- Static drifter capri pants with zippers, $64. These have the same fit as the flattering Chaturanga Tights — but have added zip pockets and new seam lines make them easy to wear outside of the gym, too. Pair with a T-shirt and a utility jacket (pictured) for an easy apres-workout look.
- Dip Dye Middy Maxi, $98. Perfect to slip over your bathing suit after swimming laps or a day out on the paddle board. Or, dress it up with some strappy sandals and a statement necklace. Comes in shades of blue, purple or gray. This dress is designed to give you the freedom to move.
- Inner Twist Hoodie, $79. Cozy up in this soft French terry hoodie post-workout. The draping detail on it is unexpected and sweet.
- Andale Pant, $79. A good alternative to yoga pants, these have a baggier fit — but our cuffed at the ankle to keep a good fit. A tuxedo strip dresses them up a little bit.
Read more articles about Athleta here.
Other articles you might also like:
- Loose earphones, slippery yoga mats? Your top gym pet peeves solved
- Do these four things to be bikini-ready by spring
- What’s for breakfast? 5 healthy meal ideas that can be made in under 5 minutes