New York Fashion Week designer Prabal Gurung to launch Target line
By Brittany Anas
Good news for you fashionistas on a budget: You can steal the high-end look of a New York fashion model while shopping for batteries and milk at your local Target store.
Prabal Gurung, an up-and-coming designer who has outfitted stars like Zoe Saldana, will be among the elite designers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (commonly known as NY Fashion Week) from Feb. 7-14.
Meanwhile, a flirty floral collection will be blooming in Target, beginning Feb. 10. The limited-time collaboration is next in a series of Target collaborations with designers, coming off the heels of a partnership with Neiman Marcus. A year ago, Target teamed up with Jason Wu — designer of First Lady Michelle Obama’s inauguration dress — for a line of clothes and accessories.
Gurung, who was born in Singapore and now lives in New York City, has designed apparel for Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) and Michelle Obama, as well as Catherine, the Duchess of Camridge. Most recently his collection was showcased in the video for a new single by Rye-Rye, a pop star.
The collection’s pieces range in price from $19.99 to $199.99 for apparel. Accessories and shoes will range from $12.99 to $39.99.
Here are the pieces we’re crushing on and want to introduce to our closet for an arranged marriage, where they live happily ever after. (It’s a love story theme, right?)
• Top photo: Silver and black studs ($12.99) and a complementing tassel necklace ($24.99).
These pieces are an investment that will yield a great return. They are classic, and the earrings can be used to dress up a casual look.
• Middle photo: Pointy-toe flats in bright yellow, watercolor print and black ($24.99 each).
We especially love the bright yellow ones. They can easily add a pop of color to any outfit. This spring, we’re loving yellow paired with khaki or crisp black and white, like this shell from Ann Taylor.
• Lower photo: Floral crush dress ($49.99) paired with Sulfur Spring heels ($39.99).
This vibrant dress could be worn now in colder weather with black tights and a solid-color blazer. Or, if you want an outfit more on the wild side, pair a black-and-white striped cardigan from H&M with it.
Other articles you might also like:
• The best Valentine’s jewelry starting at just $6
• The most versatile neutrals for your closet
• Where to find conversational print T-shirts
• How to score free beauty products
• Jason Wu, the designer behind Michelle Obama’s inauguration dress
• Spring’s hot new bikini trend
• What to wear on Superbowl Sunday